The President’s Scholarships, the Lincoln Alexander Scholarships, and the Chancellor’s Scholarships are the most prestigious entrance awards at the University of Guelph and recognize students of academic distinction who have made significant contributions to their schools and their communities and demonstrate the potential to become leaders in society. They are valued at $40,000 over four years and provide the opportunity for a summer research assistantship after the first year of study (approximately $8,000 stipend). Since inception these awards have provided financial support and academic guidance to 302 students, including the 11 new 2016/2017 recipients.
The Lincoln Alexander Scholarships were established in 2001 in honour of Lincoln Alexander, Chancellor Emeritus of the University of Guelph and former Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, on his 80th birthday. They are intended to enhance student diversity.
The President’s Scholarship endowment fund is supported by numerous donors, including alumni, friends, faculty and staff, who have contributed more than $1.4 million since the program was established in 1987.
Donors: Multiple Donors
2016-2017 President’s Scholarship Recipients:
- Katherine L. Bailey, College of Biological Science
- MacKenzie A. Cameron, College of Physical and Engineering Science
- Catherine T. Dang, College of Physical and Engineering Science
- Andrew D. Shepherd, College of Physical and Engineering Science
- Megan T. Sullivan, College of Biological Science
- Hannah M. Woodhouse, College of Biological Science
- Amber D. Ziebarth, College of Biological Science
2016-17 Chancellor’s Scholarship Recipients (Lincoln Alexander):
- Jared Schenkels, Ontario Agricultural College
- Peyton M.Tam, Ontario Agricultural College
2016-17 Chancellor’s Scholarship Recipients:
- Noah H. Muntwyler, Ontario Agricultural College
- Sean Mitchell, College of Physical and Engineering Science