Join fellow engineering young alumni and students for this professional development day. Hear and learn from women of influence and top leaders from the engineering and technology industry.
Date: 21 September 2019
Time: 8 am - 2:30 pm
This event promises to provide attendees a day filled with professional development opportunities to learn, gain confidence and acquire new skills to RISE through their engineering careers.
Tickets are $20 per person and include a full day of learning, breakfast and lunch.
Itinerary for the day is as follows:
8 am – Registration, Coffee, Breakfast, Networking (Think Tank, Thornbrough)
9 am – Dr. Shawna Pandya, Keynote Speaker (Thornbrough Room 1200)
9:30 am – Breakout Sessions:
- Leveraging LinkedIn to Build Your Professional Brand
- Angela Chan (P.Eng) - Relationship Manger, LinkedIn
- Pivoting Your Career: Knowing When, How and Why to Leave Your Job
- Emily Nichols (P.Eng) - Business Consultant, B.Eng. ’03
- Salary Negotiation: Understanding Your Worth and How to Ask for It
- Aimée Smith (M.Eng., P.Eng)- Director of Technical Excellence, RWDI, B.Eng. ’98
- Interviewing with Confidence!
- Natalie Romero, HR Business Partner, Shopify
- ‘Ask Me Anything’ Career Talk
- Stephanie Wilson, B.Eng. ’06 & Cecille Freeman, B.Eng. ' 05, Software Engineers, Google
- Name of session TBC
- Erin Skimson, VP Product Management & Corporate Programs, Miovsion
12 pm – Networking Lunch
1 pm - Group Session: The Power of Mentorship & Ten Thousand Coffees (Thornbrough Room 1200)
1:20 pm – Industry and Career Panel Discussion with Kelly Brooks, President, SpeakFeel and Theresa Erskine, (P.Eng, MBA) VP, Infrastructure, RWDI, B.Eng. ’79
2 pm - Closing Remarks
Featured panelists and session facilitators are leaders from manufacturing, high-tech, consulting, research and development that will tell their stories and give advice on being successful in the engineering and technology workplaces.
For more information, please contact Melissa Woo, Alumni Advancement Manager, CEPS, 519-824-4120 ext. 56769 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you receive all of our event updates by updating your Communication Preferences today.